Phantom smells

ksmith

Fuzz is divine!! Sooo comfy!

Tracy...you are very inspiring, my gorgeous friend 💚💚

Heather yes! We have Lily and Macie, and I'm sure they are on the bed, but are actually no where to be seen! Strange!

This is a great thread!

All these little things are quite common, which is very reassuring!

💚👑

• 2 years later...

Of course and have had for years, maybe before stroke. My great-aunt's perfume, cigarette smoke (I'm a former addict), cigars, pipes, pine forests, perfume that I don't recognize, BBQ.

• 5 months later...

Kelli,

I have experienced brain injuries. In the past year I have fallen and struck my head on the floor or door frames several times.

now I'm trying to cope with the loss of my latest job and no potential positions on the horizon.

Mike

I smell many things. Food occasionally, but perfume the most. Light flowery fragrances that nobody I know (alive) wears.

Migraines, sometimes the head pounders, but mostly the localized pains in the skull.

OR

ocualr-migraine.png?resize=599,391

The zigzag lights that start in the left of my vision and slowly move right until the expand across my vision.

Sounds horrible. I had a brain operation seven years ago to clip an aneurysm and had headaches for a while. At that time I smelt sweet smells too. Maybe that can be a part of brain injury. I don't have that now.

On 7/20/2024 at 3:03 AM, evilk said:

I smell many things. Food occasionally, but perfume the most. Light flowery fragrances that nobody I know (alive) wears.

Migraines, sometimes the head pounders, but mostly the localized pains in the skull.

OR

ocualr-migraine.png?resize=599,391

The zigzag lights that start in the left of my vision and slowly move right until the expand across my vision.

I have these too occasionally, they dont interfere with my vision and slowly get bigger till they disappear. I have never considered them to be a part of my stroke .

Interestingly, since  my stroke nearly ten years ago I have not had a headache and they were regular occurrences before! I have also lost the background Tinnitus problem, a curse to a serious musician. Since the stroke did serious damage to my musicianship it is a small consideration.

Deigh Davies