Lift chair

So my good old rocker recliner is not quite doing the job anymore.Ā 

Being tall, I bought the XL. It's been great, and it's green.

These days I struggle to get out of the chair easily. I have to slide my bum to the front of the chair, and rock to get the momentum going to stand up.

So my OT took my the the local guy who has lift chairs on display.Ā 

So, is everyone on the planet a midget???

They were all way too small for me. And there's no way my little dog Riley would fit on the chair with me.

Thankfully I'm going to Perth on Saturday, and can go to a Daily Living shop to look at a larger chair.Ā 

Why is nothing easy?

šŸ’ššŸ‘‘

large_sofa.jpg.b1112dd037cd1b1d184cbb3959d36ba3.jpgWe had a mad impulse last year and bought a three seater lazy-boy type settee. Couldnt afford it but it was offered on three years no interest HP with a Xmas discount and a senior citizen discount so we trembled a bit and took the bait. Love it.

It looks awesome!

I'm loving the pull down tray and cup holders! The one I'm looking at has a cup holder on the left, which I'm very excited about!

šŸ‘‘šŸ’š

The centrepiece has bluetooth connection for TV and radio and also reading lights. The cupholders are illuminated!

Ā 

Ā 

• 2 weeks later...

Deigh that sounds awesome! Wouldn't want to do anything else I reckon, just laying around... love it!

Ā 

Mark that's generally what happens, isn't it?

Ā 

I try and have this jarrah bench we have looking nice and tidy. It is after all, made of jarrah.Ā 

Ā 

Unfortunately I'm the only one in the house who likes it tidy...

Ā 

šŸ’ššŸ‘‘

So I found a chair I like. I'll see if I can add a link.

Now I have to get my OT to write a report to the ndis citing why I need this specific chair.

It's height, mainly. Surely they can't argue with that??

Ā 

https://daily.com.au/collections/theorem-concepts-lift-chairs/products/theorem-studio-recliner-lift-chair?variant=40433127719079

Ā 

šŸ’ššŸ‘‘

We are in mourning at the moment, Valerie's side of the couch not working after a smell of wire burning forced us to pull the plug. Serviceman is due this morning to put it right.

We can still sit on it but thats all!

DeighšŸ¤•

• 4 weeks later...

All working well again, serviceman called and replaced the faulty unit. Am very impressed with the manufacturer who has done this without charging and is on call at the drop of a hat.

Deigh

Ā 

Edited by Deigh
spelling

• 4 weeks later...

I have a lift recliner in the apartment. Bought long before NDIS. Like you Janelle Iā€™m tall, my chair is too big for her when Mum visits. As always Jade thinks its herā€™s and wants me to sit on the front so she can be cozy between me and the back. She does laps only very rarely. I think she didnā€™t feel safe on my wonky left leg when a kitten so she never got that habit, but she loves to sit next to me. These days I donā€™t use the lift feature so much, A push n the right armrest is usually enough, so long as Iā€™m not too deep in the chair.

• 4 weeks later...

My chair has finally been approved by ndis.Ā 

They wanted my left lung! The amount of paperwork was ridiculous, as it was well over the $1500 spending limit.

My OT got it over the line! One more week and it will be here!

The cats don't sit on my chair, Heather, but Riley does. She actually sits between my knees and rests her head on my bad leg. When it spasms, she sleeps through it! Wish I could!!

šŸ’ššŸ‘‘

Thats the problem with pets, they tend to take over the best sleeping and sitting areas in the house. IĀ  heard a good definition of pets once, it said that a dog has owners but a cat has staff.